Answering Your Questions Is a Big Part of What We DoHere are some of the more frequent questions we receive. If you have further questions and would like to speak with a trust officer, contact us here.
View a list of Types of Investment Accounts We Manage.
We offer Trust Management, Estate Management, Investment Management Services, Company Retirement Plan Management Services, along with services in Oil & Gas and Real Estate Management.
We have a wide selection of accounts to meet your needs, such as, revocable trusts, living trusts, irrevocable trusts, investment management agencies, insurance trusts, testamentary trusts, estates, and retirement accounts (including IRAs, 401(k)s and profit sharing plans).
The primary differences are found in our Company's corporate status as a Trust Company (rather than an individual broker or agent) and fee structure.
We are not saddled with a product line to sell and we do not generate sales commissions based on our business relationship. Our trust company is a corporate fiduciary and has a legal obligation to put our client’s interest above our own. This structure allows us to manage your assets without any undue influence of product quotas or commissions on specific products.
Click to read more about What Makes Us Different here.
There are many reasons to set up trusts.
- Married couples can realign the ownership of their assets to save substantial federal estate taxes and pass more on to their heirs.
- If the time comes that you are no longer able to handle your own affairs, trusts can ensure that there will be someone who is experienced and objective to handle your needs.
- If there is a serious illness or disability, a trust ensures that a plan is in place to take care of your needs and those of your loved ones.
- When the trust is managed by a full-service trust company, other professional services can be provided, such as bill paying.
- Business owners can use trusts to save on estate taxes when passing along businesses to heirs.
- Trusts are also useful for blended families with spouses or children from previous marriages.
- Naming an independent trust company removes the emotional element often associated with friends or family members. By naming First Financial Trust, you can replace the burden of administration from friends or family members during a highly emotional period to professionals with many years of administration experience.