Top-Notch Employee Benefits Plans Offer Employees a Tangible Incentive
Your company’s success relies on the people who make it work, and a top-notch employee benefits plan is vital to attracting and retaining the best people. In addition to tax benefits, these plans can also offer employees a tangible incentive to increase the profitability of your company.
Let First Financial’s knowledgeable and experienced specialists guide you through the ins and outs of Pension and 401(k) Plans, Profit Sharing Plans, Simplified Employee Pensions, and IRAs that can benefit you and your employees.
As your plan provider, we will assume full fiduciary oversight of your plan. Without the administrative burden or legal exposure of serving as plan trustee, you can focus on what you do best -- building a successful business.
Plan Design and Administration
When it comes to retirement plans, one size does not fit all. Whether you are a sole proprietorship or a large corporation, today’s retirement plan options provide more flexibility than ever before. Unfortunately, they also come with large and complex legal requirements that can be ambiguous and confusing. We'll help you understand the options and make decisions that are right for your business.
Our company retirement planning team designs and provides administrative support for a broad range of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, including:
Profit Sharing Plans
- Contributions not required to be made every year (at complete discretion of employer)
- Contributions allocated to participants generally based upon compensation
- Current tax deduction for contributions made to the plan
- Provides identifiable incentive to employees to increase profitability
- Employees elect to defer a percentage of their salary into the plan
- Salary deferrals are pre-tax, or after-tax (ROTH), as elected by employee
- Employer may elect to make matching contributions
Simplified Employee Pension Plans (SEP)
- Contributions made to employee’s IRA
- Employer entitled to a tax deduction for the amount of the contribution
- Flexibility to adjust contribution levels on an annual basis
- Taxes deferred until distributions begin
- Flexibility of distribution
- Tax deferral provides opportunity for tax-free accumulation of wealth
An important part of establishing your company's retirement plan is naming a fiduciary who has the authority to make material decisions about your plan.
Fiduciaries are individually responsible for operating your plan according to the plan document and IRS/Department of Labor regulations, so it's essential that your fiduciary have expertise in plan administration and investment management.
As a discretionary corporate trustee, First Financial Trust will serve in this role for your retirement plan, extending the highest level of protection to you and your plan sponsors, on both a corporate and individual basis.