We Are Driven To Exceed Our Customers’ Expectations
Our 21 Non-negotiables
- We are professional at all times. As professionals, all forms of communication must reflect First Financial’s image of Excellence. We maintain clean work stations, dress appropriately, and limit cell phone usage to prevent interference with customer service.
- We keep our facilities in immaculate condition. We are all responsible for ensuring our facilities are clean, organized, maintained properly, and welcoming to our customers.
- We assist each other, stepping out of our primary duties to effectively serve our customers. We are gracious and treat our customers and each other with respect and dignity.
- We take ownership of any problem or defect that we encounter. We immediately do everything in our power to correct the problem or defect and follow up to ensure its proper resolution.
- We are all on the same team. When addressing customer problems or defects, never refer to “they” or “them.” Instead, refer to “us” or “we” in every customer interaction.
- Our suggested hours of operations are guidelines, not limitations for satisfying individual customer desires and preferences.
- Always recognize our customers by giving them complete, undivided attention and focus. No matter your role or what you are currently doing, stop and greet the customer with a smile and offer assistance.
- Whenever possible, when a customer asks for directions, take the time to personally escort them to their destination. Do not point! While you are escorting them, introduce yourself and ask their name so you can provide a proper introduction.
- When a customer enters our area, make eye contact and greet them within 9 feet, calling them by name. Whenever possible, stand up, walk from behind your desk, and shake your customers’ hand. Greet them by saying “Welcome” and “Good Morning/Afternoon/” and ask, “How may I assist you today?"
- We are empowered and compelled to fulfill our customers’ needs. Identify their unique requirements and preferences and attempt to individualize their experience. Be responsive, caring, and timely in providing service and follow-up.
- Before a customer leaves your area, always say, “Thank you, Mr./Mrs. ______ for your business. How else may I assist you today?”
- Although final resolution might not yet be obtained, always respond to business inquiries received during the same day. We provide timely updates to all pertinent parties regarding the status of assisting our customers and each other.
- Answer the telephone within three rings and with a smile in your voice. Never let calls go to voicemail unless requested by the customer. When answering the phone, say, “Good Morning/Afternoon, thank you for calling First Financial _________. This is (use name). How may I assist you today?
- Before transferring a phone call, ask the customer, “May I place you on a brief hold?” Once connected, provide a brief introduction between the customer and the employee. If the employee is unavailable, ask the customer, “May I ask them to call you, or would you prefer their voicemail?”
- We embrace and promote a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion to attract, recruit, retain, develop, and promote employees who represent the diverse communities we serve. Our employees bring their own unique backgrounds, beliefs, cultures, and experiences to our organization. We celebrate our diverse and inclusive workplace as it brings new ideas, perspectives, and ways to enhance our overall customer and employee experience.
- Knowledge of our job and the financial industry is essential in providing the expertise our customers desire. Take advantage of the numerous training opportunities available and obtain certification(s) for your current and future roles.
- Safety and security are everyone’s responsibility. Stay current with required security trainings. Know your role in an emergency situation. Always protect customer, employee, and company assets.
- Protecting our customers and the Company from fraud is everyone’s mission. Actively support efforts to create better-informed customers and communities. When fraud is suspected, follow our financial exploitation procedures or get help from your supervisor immediately.
- Confidentiality is paramount. Always protect the confidential information of our customers and our company, both internally and externally.
- Be positive both inside and outside the workplace. Our responsibility is to create a great environment and reputation for our company and each other. Serve as an ambassador for the organization at all times.
- First Financial is a unique organization that strives for Excellence in everything. Create joy in our workplace and always look for opportunities to “WOW” our customers and fellow employees.
We build loyal life-long relationships by providing first class service with personal attention, generating growth for the Company and our communities while creating exceptional value for our shareholders in an environment of opportunity for our dedicated and professional bankers.
We are a nationally recognized and respected financial institution. Our brand has the reputation of excellence in customer empowerment and community leadership. We have become the employer of choice through a mutual commitment to these standards at every level of our organization.
We are the undisputed leader in the financial industry. We are respected for providing excellent and personalized customer service, delivering unparalleled value to our shareholders, enriching the lives of our employees and creating a positive impact on the communities we serve. We offer superior products and services that are understandable, personally relevant, complete and dependable.